JP Reis is committed to improving environmental performance across all of our business activities. We expect our business partners to do the same and we encourage members of the wider community to join us in our endeavors.
JP Reis recognize our key impacts to be in the areas of:
- Energy Consumption during our daily activities and of the solutions we recommend;
- Emissions to air and water especially through transport and the burning of fossil fuels;
- Waste generation through daily activity, consumables and end of lifecycle equipment;
- Procurement decisions.
The Company continues to aim for the highest possible environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding relevant legislative requirements. We maintain our pursuit of continuous improvement by assessing organizational activities and identifying areas where we can minimize impacts. This will include but not be limited to:
- Developing our environmentally sound transport strategy through the development of conferencing, remote working and by employing local expertise; where necessary we promote the use of public transport;
- Minimizing waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy;
- Procuring sustainable products wherever feasible. This will include recycled products, products from sustainable sources, products with low energy consumption and recyclable products.
- Working with our corporate recycling partners for the ethical disposal of used computer, telecommunications and other electronic equipment;
- Publicizing our environmental position and seeking accreditation;
Including environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions.
To secure these objectives JP Reis will:
- Review environmental policies and performance and allocate resources for their effective direction and implementation;
- Set and monitor key objectives of our environmental performance at least annually;
- Communicate our environmental policy and performance internally and externally on an annual basis, and encourage feedback;
- Coach Staff in good environmental practice, encouraging involvement in environmental action and rewarding such actions in performance reviews;
- Work together with our service partners and suppliers to encourage commitment towards improved environmental performance;
- Make environmental criteria a critical part of the assessment of solutions we recommend to our clients;
- Review our environmental policy regularly.
This statement represents our general position on environmental issues and the policies and practices we will apply in conducting our business.